0
Mamadou Sakho has not played a first team game for Liverpool since April 2016

Mamadou Sakho admitted he broke club rules during a pre-season trip to the United States as he lifted the lid on his falling out with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.
The French international is expected to leave Anfield before the transfer window closes on Tuesday, with the likes of Swansea, Southampton and Crystal Palace said to be interested, having not played for Klopp since April 2016.
Sakho missed the end of last season due to a controversial ban for using a fat-burner, which was later overturned, and admitted turning up late for a team meeting and missing a recovery session during a pre-season trip to the United States.
He was sent home from the tour as a result and, during an interview in France, admitted his mistakes.
Sakho told Canal Football Club: 'It is true that I turned up late. There was a rule that I should have observed. I do not at all see myself as above the rules, I respect everyone.
'I paid my fine, I was sanctioned, I apologised to my team-mates and my manager. Aside from that… I do not want to go into the controversies.
'I work a lot, I have the chance to train with the reserve team , which allows me to keep up. And beside that I have my trainer. So I work a lot to stay on top of my game.'

Sakho also revealed his desire to return to former club Paris Saint-Germain at some point during his career, but insisted his links to the club would mean he would not be interested in a move to Marseille.
He said: 'Since I started this incredible adventure abroad, in terms of football but also in terms of my family, because when I see my children speaking English I think it is a glorious thing that I have been able to give them. I think I have a few more wonderful years to experience abroad first. And PSG, why not, but afterwards.
'I think Marseille have a very good team. Bafé (Gomis) and Pat (Evra) are friends of mine. But my answer to this might remind certain people about a song. When there is PSG, Sakho is with them.'

Post a Comment

 
Top